[Grant Proposal] Radiant Monthly Financial Reporting

There is no category for grants, so I am posting this proposal in Feedback …

Name : Asymmetric Defi

Detailed Description of Grant Request :
Provide Monthly Reports about the Financial State of the Radiant DAO. The reports would include : Revenues, Expenses, Treasury Analysis, Competition Analysis, Macro Trends Analysis …

How will your project benefit the Radiant Ecosystem?
Inform the community about what’s going on with the DAO financially and how it is impacted by crypto trends & news.

How much are you requesting for the grant?
12k USD (Paid in RDNT or Stables) for 12 Monthly Reports (1k USD per Monthly Report)

Other Information :
The reports would be similar to what I produce for Uniswap.

Asymmetric Defi is both Uniswap & Aave Grantee

Requested Budget Breakdown : 1k/Month as Compensation for my time & efforts and to pay for any potential subscriptions (Token Terminal costs 350 USD/Month & Dune’s most popular plan costs 420 USD/Month for example).

Thanks for this submission and the proposed scope of monthly reports @adalhi. Hopefully with the holidays behind us, we can get more engagement from the community soon.

Hung

More details :
Instead of monthly reports, I can make quarterly reports to decrease the costs for the DAO. The funding request is the same 1k USD (in RDNT) per report.
Also, I can accept funding for one quarterly report as test run before a longer period engagement.

Updated Proposal with Quarterly reporting & Retroactive Funding
Name : Asymmetric Defi

Description of Grant Request :
Provide Quarterly Reports about the Financial State of the Radiant DAO. The reports would include : Revenues, Expenses, Treasury Analysis, Competition Analysis, Macro Trends Analysis …

How will your project benefit the Radiant Ecosystem?
Inform the community about what’s going on with the DAO financially and how it is impacted by crypto trends & news.

Implementation overview
1k USD per quarterly report (in RDNT with rate determined at time of payment), paid retroactively after the production of each report.
The mandate can be revoked by a subsequent DAO vote.

Other Information :
The reports would be similar to what I produce for Uniswap .

Asymmetric Defi is both Uniswap & Aave Grantee

I think DAO financial reporting is essential, although I would prefer to use a software-based approach rather than pay for retainer for a consultant to produce.

Ie. we should provision a Treasury / Finance dashboard in Dune or as a standalone dashboard (eg https://stats.gmx.io/). Once the software is written to collate financial and treasury health in real-time (or daily), the variable cost to produce a quarter report is fair lower.

1 Like

I agree that dashboard stats that can be downloaded in csv or xls would make the reporting easier.

However, I don’t think that dashboards would suffice. As crypto natives, we can navigate dashboards and look into many sources of data to get what we need. However, there are RDNT holders (such as those non crypto natives or TradFi investors who allocated to crypto) who would prefer an aggregated & commented document that summarizes all relevant stuff.

I agree, if anything, it should go to develop software/tools to automate the financials.

I don’t think my perspective is clear enough, so I’ll add more details :

I see Radiant as a business like any real world company. Some RDNT holders are passive investors, they are the main target of these reports. Active contributors already know about what’s going on and know how to find data in dashboards if needed.

I agree that making a software based reporting would be a good idea, however, expenses are not easy to implement in an automatic way and need to be maintained. Add to that, as I mentioned, not all of us in crypto are crypto natives. Some RDNT holders are used to simple reporting in a pdf format with commentary to help them understand the numbers and how the protocol works. So even if some software based reporting is implemented, these reports are still needed in my opinion.

For Radiant, I think that quarterly reporting is enough giving the activity of the protocol & its governance. The ask here is 4k USD for 4 quarterly reports, a low budget finance department for the DAO.

I think the DAO we should do this for sure, and on a monthly basis. Far too much can change in a quarter, and many projects go South without good governance and oversite, although I do love this project and the team – Kudos to them for self-funding. The cost is pretty low, especially if the quantity and quality of work product is similar to the Uniswap reports.

1 Like

1212">

Proposal Withdrawn.